3 million available for new round CityLab010
For the seventh year in a row, the City of Rotterdam's CityLab010 program is opening its doors to innovative ideas from the people of Rotterdam. This year over 3 million Euros is available for initiatives that help Rotterdam emerge stronger from the coronacrisis.
There is one aim: to emerge from the crisis stronger than the city entered it. And so CityLab010 is looking for solutions for renewal in the fields of sustainability, circularity and digitization. But also creative, social solutions for issues that are current in Rotterdam. Do you have a fantastic idea but it does not fit the criteria? Three initiatives have a chance to win a wildcard.
Alderman Roos Vermeij (Economy, neighbourhoods and small cores): "Together we can come out of the crisis stronger. Rotterdammers are creative and stubborn and often have the best ideas about what is good for the city. Now that we are in a crisis, Rotterdam can use that creativity more than ever. I call on all Rotterdammers with a good idea for the city to apply to CityLab010."
Sign up before May 1st
Together with a coach from the municipality we will look at how the idea can be brought to fruition and what steps are needed. Besides the municipality, numerous professional partners in the city are involved to support initiators.
Registration for 2021 is already possible via www.citylab010.nl . Don't wait too long, because initiators have to be in discussion with a coach about their plan before May 1. This is an important rule to go further into the process.
47 winners previous round in 2020
In the previous edition, no less than 47 Rotterdam initiatives were awarded a start-up budget by the 12-member jury. A selection of the winners of 2020:
- De Klauwen uit de Mouwen: a talent development project for Rotterdammers with a distance to the labour market.
- Cool Down City: a project in which Rotterdammers are encouraged to cool down their own city with trees that they can collect for free.
- TherapySelector: an app that combines information specific to Hepatitis C patients with clinical publications showing the results of treatments.
- REBOUND: forgotten or neglected sports fields are transformed into valuable public spaces.
- STORE STORE: an educational design store and workshop where vulnerable young people have the opportunity to turn their creative ideas into reality.
- TRC Studios: Rotterdammers will have access to learning new digital skills that they can practice hobbyistically or professionally.
For more information and to apply for the 2021 CityLab010 round visit www.citylab010.nl