Smart City Expo World Congress and Tomorrow.Mobility in Barcelona
Does your company offer innovative solutions for Europe’s smart sustainable urban development? Then join the Climate Neutral and Smart Cities Mission to the Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) and Tomorrow.Mobility in Barcelona, 5-9 November.
Register before 1 September 2023!
- Start date
- 05 November 2023
- End date
- 09 November 2023
- Barcelona, Spain
Climate-neutral and smart cities
Technology, digitalisation and data can offer impactful solutions for transitioning to climate neutrality. Such a transition requires systemic changes and new business, revenue and value models. Companies and startups are crucial in guiding cities to transition to climate neutrality. These parties and other stakeholders share their ideas on climate neutrality and smart cities at SCEWC and Tomorrow.Mobility.
SCEWC and Tomorrow.Mobility are significant places to do business and network with city authorities, companies, and investors. Dutch organisations organise engaging activities during both events. Would you like to meet up with one of these organisations of the NL ecosystem? Please get in touch with us via email@example.com.
We invite Dutch startups, scale-ups and SMEs with export ambitions who offer solutions for societal challenges in cities. Companies that have not participated in earlier editions of this mission have an advantage.
The solutions must fit within one of the mission tracks: ‘Sustainable Built Environment and Energy’ and ‘Green and Smart Urban Mobility’.
This mission focuses on the following tracks:
Sustainable built environment and energy
- energy transition;
- innovative technology and digitalisation solutions;
- climate adaptation;
- digital and energy infrastructure in built environments.
Green and smart urban mobility
- green and smart urban mobility;
- innovative solutions on EV charging, (electric) bikes, mobility hubs and logistics.
Why take part?
Through the Climate Neutral and Smart Cities Mission, we want to support promising Dutch startups, scale-ups and innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in their international growth. Together we will position the Netherlands as a frontrunner in urban and sustainable innovation.
This mission offers an opportunity to:
- present your product or service to a large international audience;
- attract new customers;
- expand your international professional network;
- look for strategic partnerships and meet other stakeholders;
- meet potential investors;
- gain knowledge about EU programmes that support cities in their goals for climate neutrality;
- network during the matchmaking facilitated by Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Women and young professionals
We encourage women’s and young entrepreneurship. Therefore, we challenge you to look for women or young professionals within your organisation to participate in this mission.
The NL Pavilion will be the Netherlands’ base at the Smart City Expo World Congress and Tomorrow.Mobility. The pavilion is a meeting point where public and private parties gather to explore opportunities for solving city challenges.
We are still finalising the details of this mission. Below you will find the preliminary programme (subject to change):
- 5 November: Welcome reception in Barcelona with Dutch attendees, including municipalities and companies.
- 6 November: Business Forum RVO & Cleantech Scandinavia: Building alliances that accelerate the transition to climate-neutral and smart cities.
- 7-9 November: SCEWC and Tomorrow.Mobility. Including pitch opportunities, matchmaking and site visits.
Up to 50 companies can join the Climate Neutral and Smart Cities Mission. Companies that join the mission must fall within this mission’s scope and focus. Registration does not guarantee your place in this mission. You will receive confirmation of your participation after the registration deadline.
The participation fee is €500 (excluding VAT) per company. Two participants per company can take part. This fee will give you the following:
- online impact assessment training targeted on your innovative solution;
- access to the preparation meeting in the Netherlands;
- access to the business forum, side events and network activities;
- unlimited access to the SCEWC and Tomorrow.Mobility for 2 participants;
- use of the NL Pavilion as a meeting point at SCEWC.
We want to be a mission with a climate-positive impact. Therefore, we encourage you to travel to Barcelona sustainably. Companies that travel by train will receive a discount on their participation fee.
Travel and accommodation
Travel and accommodation are at your own expense. This also applies to meals and drinks unless stated otherwise in the programme.
We will share the information on where the RVO delegation will be staying. It is optional to stay at the same hotel. However, attendees from previous missions voiced that they found it valuable and enjoyable to stay together at the same hotel.
Register for this mission. Do so before 1 September.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Dutch government emphasises corporate social responsibility (CSR) and endorses the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises. These state the CSR standards for internationally active entrepreneurs. Following the OECD guidelines is one of the conditions for participating in this mission.
For more information about the mission, you can contact RVO