CCU Challenge: Unlock the City’s Ambition of Becoming Fully Circular by 2050
Work with the City of Rotterdam and its Partners to create products from captured CO2.
The City of Rotterdam and Get in the Ring are working together towards a fully circular Rotterdam on the Unlocked Challenge. CO2 emissions are one of the primary causes of modern climate change, and an issue that must be addressed. Therefore, the City of Rotterdam has taken measures and now aims to reduce this waste by 75% from their 2019 report by 2025, and 90% by 2030.
We are looking for startups and scaleups with solutions that can utilise industrial point source emissions from the harbour industrial complex of Rotterdam and convert them into high-value products in the domains of CO2 Mineralisation, Power-to-X and Food & Feed. By working together with promising startups and scaleups from around the world, the port of Rotterdam is positioning itself as a leading carbon utilisation hub that meets the growing demand for products from captured CO2. The efforts of the region include (but are not limited to) industrial point sources to building materials, chemicals & fuels and food & feed products.
Three main domains
The City of Rotterdam is looking for proven technology solutions to transform captured carbon into products. The three main domains that this challenge focuses on are:
- CO2 Mineralisation
- Food & Feed
What’s in it for you
Startups accepted into the programme will receive:
- Pilot opportunity with Netherlands-based industry leaders;
- Access to CO2 and H2 infrastructure and field labs to test and scale up your solutions.
- Investment opportunities from partners;
- Access to experts and network through 1-1 meetings with key ecosystem players;
- Partners in this challenge include: OCAP, AVR, Fieldlab Industrial Electrification, Chrysalix Venture Capital, InnovationQuarter, Energy Transition Fund Rotterdam, among others.
This is a global challenge that welcomes solutions from all over the world. Participation requirements are:
- Solutions need to have a Technology Readiness Level equal or greater than 4 (TRL > = 4).
- Solutions must be related to CO2 or CO utilisation.
- Available to travel to the Netherlands to meet with the partners.
- Execution of the pilot in The Greater Rotterdam The Hague Area.
Take the challenge
Apply before November 25th!