Is my initiative eligible for the SES-subsidy?
The purpose of the program Smart Energy Systems is to support private initiatives. Therefore, entrepreneurs are required to be registered in the Kamer van Koophandel (the Dutch Chamber of Commerce). Initiatives should clearly demonstrate their positive impact on the economy of Rotterdam (or region Rijnmond). Also, E-herkenning (a standardised system that allows organisations to safely make their online services accessible) is required.
- One of the conditions is that the initiative provides insight into the lessons learned and provides recommendations for acquiring investments for the initiative. Clearly identifying, establishing and sharing such lessons should also contribute to possibilities for upscaling and replicating the private initiative.
- Another condition is the own investment:
1: The subsidy for the feasibility study amounts to a maximum of 50% of the total expected costs
2: The subsidy for experimental development amounts to a maximum of 25% of the total expected costs
- Executing pilots is a possibility, but only if this plausibly contributes to an increase of commercial- and market readiness. The used technologies will have a high ‘technology readiness’ (TRL6 to 9, from demonstration to market introduction). Activities of private initiatives can be directed towards demonstrating a solution, towards a system integration, or towards enhancing the knowability of possible users with the suggested technologies
- Applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be tested on value for money. An insufficient score on this criterium might result in a rejection of the application.
- NOTE: The final round to apply for the subsidy closed on June 3rd 2022. Keep an eye out on the website for possible new openings.
Innovation occurs at the intersection between sectors and themes. The municipality strives towards connecting its ambitions in the fields of energy transition, circular economy, climate proof environment, and healthy living environment (as determined in the sustainability compass) in order to allow different initiatives to mutually strengthen one another.