Rotterdam highlighted in the Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2022
Startup Genome has just released the 2022 Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER), the most extensive data-driven research on startups worldwide with 280+ entrepreneurial innovation ecosystems and 3 million startups analyzed. The GSER ranks the leading 140 startup ecosystems, shares global startup trends and continental insights, and includes closeups on key ecosystem players along with founder-focused articles from thought-leading experts.
Up!Rotterdam have partnered with Startup Genome to showcase Rotterdam in the GSER. The #GSER2022 ranks the top 30 and 10 runner-up global ecosystems, includes a top 100 ranking of emerging ecosystems, and also takes a look at startup communities from a regional perspective.The key findings are:
- Rotterdam hosts a thriving community of over 1,600 active startups with prominent clusters in Smart Logistics, Life Sciences, and Cleantech.
- The city is part of the Metropolitan Region Rotterdam The Hague (MRDH), an entrepreneurial hotbed of 23 municipalities. This combined startup ecosystem employs 25,000 people — one fifth of all startup jobs in the Netherlands — and has a market value of over $3.6 billion.
- Erasmus University Rotterdam ranks in the top 3% of the best universities in the world.
- The city offers unparalleled digital connectivity — it is internationally well-positioned and connects directly to all major internet hubs in Europe through various sea and land cables.
- Rotterdam’s Makers District offers a window into the city’s vision of a future-proof economy. It’s an ideal location for startups to launch new ideas in concert with established corporations that are experimenting with new products and processes.
Read the whole article on Startup Genome.